THIS ROLE IS NOW CLOSED - WE WILL NO LONGER BE TAKING APPLICANTS
The Alberta Small Brewers Association is seeking an Executive Director.
The Executive Director (ED) role exists to support the Alberta Small Brewers Association (ASBA) in a role of promoting and growing the local brewing industry in the province of Alberta. The ED is expected to implement the structure, processes and growth plans necessary to help lead the organization by managing all elements of the organization, including fundraising, membership growth and support, financial management, media and marketing strategy, government relations and administrative duties as directed by the ASBA Board of Directors. This position will require passion for the brewing industry, comfort in a fast-paced environment and ability to coordinate many participants in diverse concurrent projects.
The ED reports to the ASBA Board of Directors and is responsible for overseeing the work of all ASBA contractors and employees, including, but not limited to the accountant and the Manager of Events.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- - Provide regular periodic communications to all members. Engage with potential members and encourage growth in all levels of membership.
- - Initiate, develop and implement fundraising initiatives and programs, including sponsorship requests and grant applications.
- - Develop new and innovative membership benefits.
- - Respond to inquiries on behalf of ASBA from members, media, government and the public.
- - Create promotional and advertising materials, as required.
- - Develop, implement and manage a social media program.
- - Oversee website and keep content current.
- - Liaise with federal, provincial and local governments, as required, to represent and advance the interests of ASBA and its members.
- - Liaise with, and advocate to, the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission on regulations and policies applicable to ASBA and its members.
- - Oversee coordination and execution of all ASBA events.
- - Negotiate and manage all contracts on behalf of ASBA.
- - Organize regular meetings of the Board of Directors on at least a quarterly basis.
- - Develop an annual budget for presentation and approval by the Board.
- - Manage day to day operations of the Association.
- - In conjunction with the Treasurer and the accountant, oversee preparation of financial statements and tax filings.
- - Maintain the organizations records and files.
- - All such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
- - Proficiency with typical productivity tools (Windows, Microsoft Office suite, Google Docs).
- - Experience with social media and websites.
- - Must be comfortable with being a spokesperson on behalf of the industry and ASBA, including:
- • Public speaking to engage individuals, organizations and agencies in promotional and advocacy activities.
- • Engaging with all forms of media (radio, television, print).
- - Basic financial literacy and experience in building and managing budgets.
- - Knowledge of the beverage alcohol industry, preferably in beer, including a basic understanding of the regulations governing the production and sale of alcohol.
- - Experience in event planning and execution.
Job Type: Full-time
- - Event Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- - Beverage alcohol industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- - Managerial: 3 years (Preferred)
- - Marketing or marketing strategy: 1 year (Preferred)
- - Government or public relations: 1 year (Preferred)
- - Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Check Out The Latest Stories
Strengthen your skills in malting, learn best practices in sustainability, and get a refresher on brewing fundamentals. Join us in Calgary, Alberta, this October and see all your colleagues in one of the fastest-growing beer capitals of the world.